11.23.2008

Birthday wrap-up

We had such a fun day for Haydn's birthday. I thought since we weren't having a party for him it would be pretty low key, but I was exhasted by the end of the day. We started with breakfast at McDonalds where the boys got to play and eat pancakes and sausage. Then that afternoon we picked up Riley at work and went bowling. This is the first time we have taken the boys bowling and the first time Riley and I have been in years and years. We had a blast. Haydn got his own little 5 pound ball that he didn't want any help pushing down the lane. Taite even took a few turns. With the help of the bumpers I kicked butt and Riley managed to knock down a few more pins than Haydn. After we went home for dinner and presents. Later the cousins came over for Star Wars cupcakes. Haydn got a Storm trooper outfit that he is wearing while blowing out candles. It was a fun day. Thanks to all those that called and wished our big boy a happy day. I know he felt pretty special!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I think we better try the bowling thing while we are down your way. Looks like everyone really got in to it. Loved little Taite helping dad.. or was it the other way around?
Anxious to see you all in a couple of days. Hope Haydn isn't partied out completely because we still want to celebrate with him.

d said...

Happy Happy Haydn! Sending you lots of three year old love!

Aunt Deb said...

So glad Haydn had a happy day. Can't believe he is three years old!