10.20.2008

THE YARD!!

It feels like this project has been going on FOREVER and we aren't actually finished, but we are finished for a little while. Here is a recap for those of you who have been biting your nails to see the progress. This is where we started - grass that grew in patches and a hard water stained brick wall.

Until July came and with the help of Riley's dad we tore up all the grass, put in new sprinklers, sod, a new patio and cement curbing.


By August we had beautiful grass, but were missing a few things. With the help of Riley's old mission companion, Brandon Reed, we got an awesome plan to plant desert trees and bushes. If anyone is in need of a landscape designer in the Salt Lake Area, The Landform Design Group is AwEsOmE!!

So when September came and the temperatures finally decided to go below 100 degrees we dug lots of holes and planted. Thanks again for your help Steve and Eric.


The day after we got all the plants in the ground 6 TONS of rock were delivered to our house! So in the past month we have been shoveling rock (thanks again for the help Eric and Colby), painting the brick wall, and building a shed. That brings us to where we currently are. All of the rock is down. Yea! We still have to finish painting, clear out dirt, and save enough money to get concrete poured on the side of the house for a play area to ride bikes. Like I said it is an on going project. We are SO HAPPY with the results. We feel like we have a real back yard that the kids will now play in. So next Spring/Summer we hope you will all come over for a BBQ in our back yard.

9 comments:

HL said...

The yard looks beautiful. I Like the color you painted the wall.

Have you had any problems with water stains since it was painted?

Being the wife of a mason I do have issues with you calling it a brick wall though. Block is proper. :)

I would like to know where you live.

Aunt Deb said...

I have been dying to see the progress...hearing about it for months. I can hardly wait until next time I visit St. George so I can see the hard word completed in person. It looks gorgeous in the photos. Love and miss you all...

Haven said...

Wow! What a project. The yard looks fantastic. Great job everyone!

Levi and Jenny said...

Looks great, I wish we could come and see it in person. We miss you guys.

The little Hackett Family said...

Doing a yard is definitely not easy! I feel your pain, and especially Riley's. I hope you were smarter than me and just paid someone to put in the sprinklers. My yard has been ongoing for 3 years and is still no where close. Looks very nice though! It does help to have a professional plan.

Jessica and Colby said...

The yard looks fabulous and I can't wait to BBQ in it. It looks great and the boys and Mable must love playing in the backyard.

d said...

Beautiful! It looks great, count us in for a bbq- eventually!!!

Jared and Shelby said...

Wow- that looks awesome! What a process.

Tonia Z said...

HELLO fellow Snow family and Basin-ite. I noticed you were from Roosevelt, and that's where all my family is from. I love your pictures! I'm so jealous of your talent and your camera!

Tonia Snow Fraser