6.18.2008

Blogging Slump

I hate when a post is left up for too long, but I haven't felt like we have done anything "blog worthy" recently. Which is funny because we have been very busy. So the following is a blog post about nothing at all with no pictures. So feel free to stop reading if you want.

We had a lovely Father's Day weekend. Riley gave me an early birthday present so on Saturday I spent the day at a photography workshop. Riley got to spend the entire day with the boys. Nice present huh. Actually thanks to e-mail notifications and online banking Riley had discovered his father's day present so he got that early. (a flip camcorder - super fun, hopefully more videos to follow) Sunday we went to church, visited with Colby, Jessica and Jillian, had dinner and helped Riley move into his new office. I know not super interesting, but helpful to dear old dad. Haydn discovered the water cooler with the Mount Olympus cups and let us know he was going to go and get another "mountain drink" He is too smart for his 2 years of age.

Riley is officially moved into his office and loving it. He was even able to meet us for lunch at the St. George city splash pad after we went to story time today!

We have started our backyard renovation with an expanded patio. Riley broke up the broken concrete. Now ladies what could be better than seeing your sweetie swing a big heavy sledge hammer and busting up stuff. HELLO!! Haydn was his little assistant and had so much fun playing in the mess. Anyways the concrete has been poured and looks really nice. I haven't included any pictures because we had to turn off the water and since we have reached 100 degree weather the rest of the yard looks horrible. We are planning on putting in a new sprinkler system that will actually water the lawn, decorative curbing, new grass and bushes at the end of July. I promise to include pictures then. Super huge thanks in advance to Riley and his dad for being willing to put in a yard in St. George in July!!

Last but certainly not least has anyone seen the new Ethan Allen commercial? I am obsessed with it. We have tivo and I usually only watch t.v. after the boys are in bed so I'm always watching recorded shows and fast forward through the commercials (side-note: if anyone is on the fence about tivo go for it!!! It is life changing! I fought Riley about it for so long saying it wasn't necessary, but I absolutely love it. I am a stickler about letting the boys watch t.v. so this way I can still watch Opera, So you think you can dance and the Food network at night and with out commercials - talk about time saver. Love it!!) Anyways, anytime I see the Ethan Allen commercial I have to stop and watch it, sometimes even rewind and watch it AGAIN! Which is crazy to do for a commercial. If you haven't seen it keep your eyes out. It is beautiful and makes me want to jump into my t.v. and live amongst the Ethan Allen world.

Well if you have made it this far I commend you! Thanks! I promise the next post will have pictures or even video. So this is the end of my ramblings - good night.

6 comments:

Jessica and Colby said...

It was great to spend time with you guys on Sunday! We never get to you enough.

Unknown said...

Riley's turning into quite the do-it-yourselfer. The bathroom turned out great - very modern. Can't wait to see the pictures of the yard. Hope all is well :)

d said...

I like the "rambler" post. I feel very informed in your very interesting busy life. How was the workshop? Who led it?

Melissa said...

I agree about the Ethan Allen commercial, TIVO and watching your husband work hard. I also think you guys could start a TV show on HGTV - way to go! Also Happy B-Day from the Boswells!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to come and see the all projects in person....even better, to see all of you in person. Thanks for the update!

Levi and Jenny said...

Good going Riley. We are doing great out here in NC. Life is good, I think that a part of us may be East Coast people. Our phone #s are the same and as always you can email us.