6.10.2008

Bathroom Cabinets

Well the painting hiatus has officially ended. We took on our master bathroom cabinets this past weekend. All the cabinets in our house are the same (boring) so we thought we would jazz up the ones in our bathroom and try to give them an updated look.

Here is what they started out.

We took a dark almost black paint color and thinned it out with water so it took on the effect of a stain. We added the hardware. We have an odd number of cabinets so we added the pull bar on top. I think they turned out nice.


Daddy's little helper.
Otis overlooking our progress.The finished product.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

I like the cabinets. I'm thinking of home improvement projects myself. Wanna come up and help???

Julie said...

The cabinets look great. We are going to do the same thing in our bathrooms. I hadn't thought about thinning the paint so it is more like a stain. Did it work well? What color/brand paint did you use?

Clu, Meg, Max, Tali said...

I love the pictures of daddy's little helper! He is growing so fast! We can't wait to see all of you at the 4th of July!

Carrie said...

Erika!! I found you! I cannot believe how big your boys are getting they are so cute! You should have a date night with riley and i'll watch the boys! :)

Haven said...

I love all of the home improvements you do. You have such an eye. Love it!