Yesterday, August 4th, our little Taiter-D turned 2!! I absolutely love celebrating birthdays and really try to make them special, so when August rolled around I had never felt more unprepared for a birthday. I had no ideas for presents and no plan for celebrating. We came up with the idea to have a bbq and let the boys play in the sprinklers out back. Sounds like a fun, simple, summer party, but there were a few holes in our plan. We had sold our old gas bbq before moving and had decided we were going to get a new charcoal one, but hadn't done that yet. Ok so Riley is in charge of picking up the grill and I will order the cake.
The morning of August 4th - no grill had been bought and no cake had been ordered! Panic started to set in. After racing around all morning to clean the house and get the kids down for naps so they could party that evening, I was finally headed to the grocery store at 4:30. Riley left to buy the grill at 5:30. Colby and Jessica arrived at 6:00 expecting a birthday party. What they got was a long wait to eat.
Luckily the boys had a blast playing in the sprinkler ball on the trampoline while we all cooked. The party ended up being a lot of fun. We played, ate, opened presents, sang, and ate again!




Does anyone know why the candles made that reflection?
We got him a sand box for the back yard and this is what I woke up to the next morning. I think he likes it.

A few things we love about our Taite
- He is the life of the party.
- He is always going and doing.
- He makes us laugh every day.
- He LoVeS animals.
- He has started to sing or mostly hum with a few words tossed in. His favorites are ABC's, and wheels on the bus. This week he started singing "Happy to you, Happy to you" So cute!
- When it is time to say prayers at night he ALWAYS gets off his bed and kneels and folds his arms. He is usually the first one 'in position' to pray waiting for the rest of us.
We love you little man!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Taite! You're growing up so fast! We miss you guys. :)
Both the boys were in the sand box before 8am and Haydn had already had one shower from his 6:30 sandbox excursion! Great job, Erika! Also, thanks to Erika for the best home made birthday cake ever, and thanks Colby and Jessica for making it a true party (and being patient)!
Ro looked at these pictures and said, "ohhh TayTay". SO I think that he is sending his birthday love with ours! Happy Birthday Taite, we love you!
I love that sprinkler ball. I'll have to look for one of those.
Happy Birthday, Taite!
Sorry we missed the party. Looks like loads of fun. Can I jump on the tramp with the sprinkle ball when I come down? How fun is that!
oh, it looks like the party was a blast! :) wish I could have been there! hey, if you get a chance, check out my new blog jillschmutz.blogspot.com
Post a Comment