Last Tuesday afternoon Haydn brought me a piece a paper and said it was his ticket from Primary. When I looked at it I realized they had asked him to talk on Sunday and he was just giving me the paper now! Thank heavens he gave it to me at all.
I asked Haydn what he would like to speak about and we talked about a few of his favorite things about Church and primary. We narrowed it down to the scriptures or treats. Mom used her executive powers and decided on scriptures. I asked Haydn why he like the scriptures and he said because they are about families. From there we developed his talk. We practiced it several times a day. It took a few tries to get that mom whispers, but Haydn talks loudly.
By Sunday he was really excited. He sat at the chairs up front and as the other Sunbeams were scared or nervous, Haydn kept asking if it was his turn. Here is the final result.
And here is what mom was whispering:
"The scriptures are full of stories about families. The Bible has Adam and Eve. They were our first family. In the Book of Mormon we can read the story of Lehi and his family traveling to America. The Doctrine and Covenants recorded events of the life of Joseph Smith and his family. I am thankful for my family. I know they will be blessed by the scriptures."
Haydn, we are so proud of you. We are grateful that you love the scriptures and your family. We are so glad that you love Primary and will be able to learn so many wonderful things that will help you in your life.
5 comments:
Haydn-Grandpa Ron and Grandma Sherl are very proud of you. Only wish we could have been there. This was very precious. We love you much!!!!
Blaise has to give a talk next Sunday too! I am so excited - how did our babies get to be big enough to talk in primary?
How old is this kid? What an amazing child! He did a great job and so very smart!
It's so wonderful and sad to see how grown-up our babies are getting! S had the scripture a couple of weeks ago and did a fine job too. Our kids are just more intelligent than other peoples I think. ;)
Haydn did such a great job! I am not looking forward to Brejden getting a "ticket" from primary! I was very impressed by Haydn, you could tell what he was saying!
Post a Comment