2.09.2009

A Forever Family

       

We had the most amazing experience this weekend.  We were able to witness the sealing of our friends, Brian and Jaime's little girl Meisha in the Salt Lake Temple.  Brian and I went to Physical Therapy school together and we have seen them go through all the ups and downs of trying so desperately to have a family.  We were so honored to write a letter of recommendation for them as they started the adoption process and when they were chosen to be the parents of this little girl we couldn't have been happier.  But nothing compares to the overwhelming joy we felt seeing them in the temple sealed together as a family for eternity.  

      

While we were waiting for the temple workers to bring Meisha up from the nursery area the sealer said some beautiful words about how Meisha will have every right and privilege given to her just as any other child of God, with no distinction of how she came into this world.  As soon as Meisha entered the sealing room she had the biggest smile on her face that never disappeared.  She looked at her parents and smiled, she looked around the room at all the people there and smiled, she looked at her grandma that was holding her and smiled.  It was amazing like she knew how loved she was and how this was such a special event.

       

Prior to the sealing Riley was honored to perform their adoption.  We feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and to be reminded of the wonderful blessing that family is.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It truly was one of those 'life changing' experiences. Thanks to both you and Riley for being a part of this with us!! These pictures are great; thanks for capturing some of our family and friends.

Julie said...

How sweet. It's nice that you were able to share that great occasion with them.
I wish I would have known you were selling your camera. Had you posted it before Christmas, I totally would have bought it. Bummer.

Brooke and Cody said...

Thanks for sharing, I needed that today-It gives me hope.
Brooke

Haven said...

How wonderful to be a part of that. I got all weepy. Thanks. :P

Grandma Sherl said...

I'm so glad you got to experience this. It brought back many wonderful memories and blessings.