4.21.2009

Well it has been a long couple of weeks.  I have been so sick.  I'm one of those unlucky ones that throws-up my entire pregnancy.  I keep asking myself why I'm putting myself through it again.  I am grateful that I am able to get pregnant, but getting through it takes a lot out of me.  I don't have any Easter pictures to post because the Saturday before Easter I was getting worse to the point where I couldn't keep liquids down so I ended up in the hospital with an I.V. to get rehydrated.  I was put on a prescription for anti-nausea medication and have since had the dosage doubled.  It doesn't stop me from throwing up 6-8 times a day, but I am able to keep fluids down so that is an improvement.  Riley has been my rock taking care of me and the boys since for several days the only time I got out of bed was to run to the bathroom.  I feel so bad that I am such a burden on him since he has so many other things going on right now, but I am so grateful that he is here for me.

We are getting away for the rest of the week and hopefully everyone will be able to come back refreshed.  We are taking our first family vacation!  Obviously not ideal timing, but this has been planned for a long time and we are excited to take the boys to San Diego to see Lego Land, the SD zoo, and the beach!  My parents are meeting us out there and their extra hands will be greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

d said...

I am sorry that you are so sick! Have fun in San Diego, wish we were there!

Haven said...

I'm glad you're able to have some improvement! I have pictures that I need to upload. I have some really cuuuuuuuuuuute ones of A and Taiter, some of the hunt, etc. I'll let you borrow the memory card if you'd like.

Have fun on your vaca!

Summer Jackson said...

Good thing you end up with such cute little ones after the worse pregnancies ever. Have fun on your trip!

Mel said...

I'm so sorry your sick, but congratulations on the new baby! I guess I shouldn't complain so much about my pregnancies!

Andrea said...

I thought you were happy with two? Didn't we have this discussion last fall? Congratulations anyway. Sorry you get so sick. Have fun in Phoenix. My sister lives in Scotsdale, so maybe you can look her up.