4.10.2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!!

I have been avoiding this post like the plague, but the rumor mill has started so it is time to share our news. Really I would like to live in denial a little longer. Anyone of these changes is a big deal so having them all happen at the same time is overwhelming. Here goes:

1) Riley was offered an amazing new position with the firm Ballard Spahr in their their Water and Environmental Law Section.

2) The job is in Phoenix so we are moving!

3) I'm expecting our 3rd baby!!

When it rains it pours! Luckily this is one of those nice summer rains you want to kick your shoes off and run around in. We are completely freaked out about so many things, but we are also excited about what this change could bring for our family. Right now we are taking one day at a time. I tried making a 'to do' list the other day and my hand started cramping before I could finish it.

If anyone lives or knows anyone in the Phoenix area we would love suggestions on good places to live, doctors, preschool, banks, on and on and on!

17 comments:

Carrie said...

AGH!!!! That is so exciting!!! Congrats on everything! I don't know anything or anyone in Phoenix, BUT it is nice and warm! :) Yay for changes!

Julie said...

Wowzah! Major changes coming your way, but everything sounds so exciting. I like it when things get mixed around in life. It's fun to shake things up a bit. Congratulations on baby #3! You are much braver than me. ;)
I don't know much about Phoenix, sorry. It sounds hotter than southern Utah, though, I do know that. Good luck!

J N H said...

Erika, those are all exciting changes! I have a friend that has a one year old. He lives in Phonenix AZ area. How would you like his info to get to know the area?

Jenny said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! You guys will have a great adventure ahead of you. Being pregnant and selling a house is hard, but you can totally do it. Your house is so cute I bet you will be able to sell it in no time. I will have to call you soon to get all the details.

d said...

What the ..... heck (I guess I should say though that is not the word I was thinking of). Congratulations and stuff expect a phone call soon, and you had better pic up!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Haven said...

Wow! I had a hunch the other day at the park, but now I know! :) YAY for baby #3, YAY for the wonderful new posistion, and BOOOOOOOOOOOOO that you're moving!

My parents still keep in touch with people we knew when we lived in Phoenix. Drop my mom a line and I'm sure she'll hook you up. They'll be at the shin dig tomorrow. :)

When are you moving?

Emili said...

Wow, Congratulations Erika!

Clu, Meg, Max, Tali said...

I guess new adventures would be an understandment. I are so exctied for you. Riley, congratulations! We know this is an awesome oppourtunity for you! Good Luck!

Melissa said...

WOW! What changes you do have! Congrats and Congrats! We are so happy for you guys. Amber (Hill) Jensen has lived in that area for years, her husband is just finishing up med school, they are moving to Massachusetts. She is on my blog and I am sure she has all the info you would need. Hope we see you before the move :(

Katrina and Lance said...

Congrats on all the new adventures coming your way! That is exciting! When are you moving? What are you doing with your house?

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Phoenix is awesome...and the best part is they have Cafe Rio!! Unfortunately that's all I know about Phoenix. Very exciting news!

Darin and Joanna said...

Wow! Congratulations on all of the new changes! That is exciting! Hopefully you are feeling ok! Darin's brother and his wife lived in Pheonix for about 4 years. The area they lived in was called Ahwatukee (so I have no idea how to spell that, but it was pronounced ah-wa-tu-kee) we visited them a couple of times and thought it was really nice. I know my sister-in-law loved her OB there, I could find out for you if you are interested. Anyway, good luck, I hope it all goes smoothly!

kellbell said...

Your preggers!! yeah! Congrats! Congrats on it all! I am happy for you guys!

Haven said...

How are you feeling lately? Let me know if you want me to take the boys for you so you can rest!

The little Hackett Family said...

That is so Awsome! Phoenix is a wonderful place. I have been to the Oro Valley and it was a nice place. Many golf courses. I think it might be closer to Tucson though. There is an Ikea in the Guadelupe area of Phoenix. Way to go on the next kid. Usually we have been right behind you on that front, but I think we will let you take the lead for a little while. We all hope you feel better soon.

nicole said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I am so excited for your new adventures!
Nicole