10.17.2007

News from Lake Wobegon

We spent a long weekend with my family in Minnesota. We survived the Las Vegas airport with our two children, two suitcases, two car seats and a double stroller. When checking in the ticket lady responded to us saying we both had lap children with, "Oh you have twins?" Somehow everything made it on the plane. After the numerous looks and snickers of the crazy couple flying with their two children under two we made it to Minnesota. The rest of the trip was wonderful until we had to get back on the plane. Haydn was completely spoiled by Grandma Sherl and Grandpa Ron. My mom bought Haydn a little cot so he didn't have to sleep on the floor and his own Car's sleeping bag. Taite got lots of kisses and hugs from grandma and grandpa, Aunt Shanna and Uncle Taylor. We also got to spend time with both of my grandparents. Minnesota is really pretty in the fall especially in contrast to St. George. There were so many trees starting to change colors and the grass was so green. We also got to see lots of pumpkin patches. Not the bin of pumpkins at the grocery store, but actual pumpkins growing out of the ground. We also went to an Octoberfest in New Ulm. We got to eat some yummy bratwurst, sauerkraut, and german potato salad. Then we got to see the glockenspiel clock ring its bells. The picture of the couple doing the polka in their traditional german clothes made us think of Riley's brother Garrett in his lederhosen at Christmas. So funny. We had a nice trip and were glad to see family.

As in true Garrison Keillor fashion, this is the news from Lake Wobegon where the women are strong, the men are good looking and the children are above average.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it very cold?

Them little ones are just so dang cute.

Haven said...

Those are such sweet pictures of your boys! I love the colors and your family picture.

I'm glad you survived the traveling. Very brave of you.

Snow Crew said...

Love the family picture. good to see you are up for traveling with two kids. Hop on the next flight to Japan!
p.s. Garrett has no recollection of said lederhosen

Melissa said...

Is that really Taylor? When did he get so old!? You are such a beautiful family!

Lisa said...

How fun! Erika...did your family move back to MN? And, yeah, when did Taylor grow up...but then again, I guess it has been a few years since I've seen him. Sounds like a fun trip...and I promise next time I see a family with two kids under the age of two get on the plane I won't cringe. (I will just hope they don't sit next to me.) ;)