10.28.2007

Back to Work

Well I went back to work this week. Last weekend I was so sad I had decided to stay at home in my pajamas under my little black rain cloud and pout. Luckily, Riley had other plans. He got me out of the house and we went to Zion and hiked the Emerald Pools. It was beautiful! We had a wonderful time as a family.



I survived my first week back at work. It was quite the tornado of emotions. Sad to leave my boys. Nervous to work on patients again after being gone for three months. Forgetful of where everything is at work. Tired after long 15 hour days of work and mommy time. After crying the whole way to work on Monday, I was greeted by a returning patient who was happy to see me back. It was nice to see a familiar face and hear her tell me how much I had helped her before. That is really the ONLY reason I can leave my boys in the hands of someone else, knowing that I have been given a gift to help people and I would be selfish not to use it.


This weekend we went to check out the Staheli Farm. Haydn had a good time petting the animals and going down the corn slide. Mom and Haydn had fun jumping on the red neck trampoline. Luckily we got a picture of him on the animal train before the ride afterwards he was not so happy. The 14 y/o kid driving thought going as fast as you can and then playing whip the chain was fun for little kids?! Taite as always was happy to ride along.









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your sadness. It is hard to leave the kids.

Does it cost much to get into Zion? I heard it was 25$. It looks like you had a great time though and it is so pretty.

Haven said...

You can get a National Parks pass that's $50, I think and it's good for all of the national parks for a year. So if you go to Z at least twice, it's paid for itself.

I know what you mean about the Cow Train. We went a few weeks ago and the kid did the same thing with Sonora. She was shaking and crying so badly by the time we got her out. I was none too happy. But she had fun with the rest of the farm. LOVED the animals. I still have to blog our pictures.

Haven said...

PS- Erika, you were very brave to jump on the Red Neck Trampoline, or whatever it's called. I was thinking, "Dirty mattress...outside with animals and insects and who knows what...um, let's go to the swings!" lol

Anonymous said...

We had heard about the fun...now we get to see it! Great pictures and great memories.

Erika, you are the woman! Kids, work, and still get things on the blog! Thanks for keeping it up. We love to see all the fun you are having with our darling grandsons.

Lisa said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! And, yes I will agree that you were brave to jump on the red neck tramp...but it looks like a great time, regardless of the hazards.

Anonymous said...

Where are the halloween pics. I heard about the visit to grandma and grandpa's.