10.24.2009

Dear Pregnancy,

I surrender!! You have won! I am now on bed rest for the next 5 weeks. Through this pregnancy I have spent Easter in the hospital getting fluids and steroids, July 4th in the hospital from bleeding, you did loosen your vice grip for a tolerable August and September, but now you have punished me with pre-term labor. So I am destined to miss out on Halloween and possibly Thanksgiving. I've had to get 2 more steroid shots to help speed develop the baby's lungs in case I do go into labor and started some medication that I take every 6 hours to stop the contractions. My fabulous mother-in-law dropped everything and hopped on a plane landing in Arizona 24 hours later. She has been cooking up a storm, taking the boys to the park, reading stories and letting me take as many naps as I possible can. I am so very grateful for loving family members who are willing to help despite their busy schedules so we can get this baby here healthy and when the time is right. So my dear pregnancy, I believe in the end I will win!

Sincerely,
33 weeks and counting

7 comments:

Grandma Sherl said...

We are willing because we love you!

d said...

Oh Erika, I can take a shift, just hold on for a few more weeks and I will be there. I am so glad that Phyllis is there.

Katrina and Lance said...

sorry to hear all the trouble you are going through. Hope everything turns out ok. That is hard when you have two little ones running around. And 5 weeks that is crazy I would go insane. Good luck and keep us posted.

Melissa said...

We are sending positive thoughts your way! You can do it! We are so excited to see baby Snow but hope he will wait just a little while longer. Hugs!

kellbell said...

AHHHH! I hope you make it threw bed rest! Ill try to post more so you have something to look at :)

Haven said...

I'm sorry you're having such a crummy go of it! This baby will be a saint as a result. *speaks to the Powers that Be*

Will they start you early if you haven't started yourself? When will it be safe for him to make his appearance? Send Riley out with the camera for this weekend to take some awesome photos.

We're glad Phyllis is there to help out and ease your mind.

*hugs*

Jocee said...

Well, the big holidays are in August and September!! I'm sorry you're on bed rest, I don't know how you're doing it!! Good luck and hang in there, only a few more weeks to go! Let Jessica and Phyllis take care of you, you deserve it!