It all started two weeks ago when Taite got a cold that turned into an ear infection and conjunctivitis, he then passed on his conjunctivitis to his mom who also got Strep the same time Haydn came down with double ear infections. Riley was the last survivor taking care of all of us until I finished my antibiotic and he decided to join the ranks. So in the last two weeks all four of us have been on an antibiotic, eye drops, Tylenol, and copious amounts of cold medication. I have washed all blankets, sheets and pillows on the sanitary cycle and disinfected all the doorknobs, phones, remotes and toys I could. We are finally starting to feel better. Our Dr. informed us that the past month they had seen an increased amount of RSV and pneumonia. No thank you. So the boys stayed home from daycare for the week and Grandma Snow watched them today so Riley and I could go to church.
Our other news in no better than being sick. Riley's grandma Squire was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. They will be finding out soon about treatment options. She and the rest of the family could use any prayers and words of support in this difficult time. But we know if anyone can put on a brave face and battle this successfully Grandma Squire with her "ornery Hafen blood" can.
5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear you guys have been sick, and that your Grandma has been diagnosed w/ non-hodgkins lymphoma. My brother was diagosed with hodgkins lymphoma a little over a year ago, and it is super scary. But the one good thing about cancer is that it is the most researched disease and that they have amazing treatments...but its still no fun. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Ugh, the sickies are going around, aren't they? This weekend wasn't fun. I just hope the RSV thing goes away by the time A gets here.
I am sorry to hear that you and the kids are still fighting the illnesses. Not fun!
Hopefully you've gone through this so now your free from cold's for the year. Grandma Squire has and will continue to be in our prayers. She looks good in the picture. Haydn looks so big and Taite looks so small. Can't wait to hug all of you. I also prayer for a speedy recovery.
Yuck! My family has finally recovered from our sicknesses. I definitely feel for you. Hope you are all well soon. I didn't even think about washing the doorknobs after we were sick, and your post reminded me to throw out our toothbrushes that we used before we got sick. So much to do....
Post a Comment