9.10.2007

First Day


Today is a day of firsts for Riley. It is the first day at his new job and the start of the paralegal class he is team teaching at Dixie. For those of you who don't know Riley was offered a position with a solo practioner doing water law. He has been trying to get water law into his prior firm, but had not been able to. He had actually switched to doing more litigation and giving up the idea of becoming the next great water law attorney. Then he had a lunch meeting with a water law attorney in Hurricane and the next thing I know he is giving his two weeks notice. He is really excited about this new opportunity. He will miss a lot of the people at his old firm, but getting to do the work that you always wanted to is worth the switch.

I also wanted to give an update on Taite. He is now 5 weeks old! I know I can't believe it either. He is growing so fast and has already changed a lot. I still can't believe how much he looks like Haydn. He has started smiling and cooing, which is ADORABLE. He can lift his head up when on his tummy and has even rolled over from his stomach to his back. Haydn didn't do this forever. He would just lay there and cry until someone came to his rescue. Way to go Taite!


He has been having tummy troubles the past couple of weeks. It is so sad. His entire stomach contracts and becomes rock hard and he arches his back and screams in extreme pain. Laying down on his back makes it worse, so sleeping outside of someones arms has not been his favorite thing. In the past week we discovered that he does much better when laying on his stomach. I have been so hesitant about the whole thing since it is engraned into new mothers that if there child sleeps on its stomach it will develop SIDS, but everyone I talk to says how important it is to let him have sleep and anyone over the age of 20 survived sleeping on their stomach. So at least until his digestion system matures a little more we will have a stomach sleeper.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Riley.

Poor little guy. Hope his tummy feels better. The only way my two would sleep for more than five min was if they were on their tummy. So my theory is if that is the way they sleep best then let em. Just make sure that the blanket is not to close to the mouth. Since Taite can lift his head up and hold it there I wouldn't worry too much.

Where is the update on you and Haydn?

Haven said...

Yay! I'm so glad Riley has been given the opportunity of doing something he wants to do.

And with babies and sleeping, I definitely agree that they should sleep how they're comfortable. S was a tummy-sleeper too. Took us two weeks of not sleeping more than 15 minutes at a time before we tried something else.

And yay for the head lifting and rolling over!

Sonora misses Haydn. She wants him as her special friend at her birthday party next month. "Birthday, Haydn. Two Birthday, Haydn."

Grandma Sherl said...

Riley-We are very proud of you for taking the big step and following your dream. This can be scary but we have alot of confidence in you. We know you'll be very successful.
Yeh for Taite in holding his head and rolling over. Can't believe he's 5 weeks already. Grandma so misses the boys.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome attorney. I'd take my problems to him just to see his smile! (But I may be a bit biased) Go get'em big boy!

And, the photo of Taite sleeping is soooooo Haydn! Guess when you get the recipe right the first time, there is no reason to change it.

Jared and Shelby said...

Great pictures... Riley's picture reminds me of the first day of school- excitement, anticipation, a hint of nervousness, and looking forward to recess. :)
Congratulations and best wishes with the new job!

Levi and Jenny said...

Riley, Good Luck in the new job. I am glad to see that all is well with the new one, despite tummy troubles.

Anonymous said...

How do I email Riley now? I am guess that new job means that the email I have for him is not accurate.

Jared and Shelby said...

I just want to echo what xoxomom said: go get em big boy. Love, Jared.